Respond to the Video
- Have you ever visited the land of Israel? If so, what did you learn there? If not, would you want to go there someday? Why, or why not?
- In this introductory video, Ken Nelson says the purpose of this video series is to help us grow closer to God, have a greater understanding of the Bible, be assured of our place in eternity, and learn how to share the good news of Christ. What do you personally hope to gain from this video series?
- Dave Faust makes the point that following Jesus Christ is not boring. Why do you think so many people consider faith a dull subject? Why do so many stay away from church?
- Bob Russell mentions the slogan, “In doctrines, unity. In opinions, liberty. In all things, love.” What do you think of this slogan? How might it be helpful as we talk about our faith with others?
Respond to God’s Word
- Read Matthew 7:7, 8. Jesus encouraged his disciples to “ask,” “seek,” and “knock.” When you think about your relationship with God, what are you seeking right now?
- Read Hebrews 11:6. How does God “reward” those who earnestly seek him?
- Read 1 Peter 3:15. Do you feel well-equipped to explain and defend what you believe? Why, or why not? Which part of this verse do you need to apply in your life during the coming week?____Set apart Christ as Lord in my heart.
____Prepare myself to give answers to others who ask about my faith.
____Set a better example in my daily life so others will want to ask me about my faith.
____Defend my faith with greater gentleness and respect.