Respond to the Video
- What new information did you learn from this video lesson?
- What does prayer mean to you?
- Can you tell about a time when the Lord answered a prayer for you?
- What do Jesus’ words in Matthew 6:9-13 teach you about prayer? How could this basic outline help you in your personal prayers?
- As you consider the way Jesus is portrayed in the four Gospels (Matthew, Mark, Luke, and John), what impresses you most about his words and deeds?
Respond to God’s Word
- What do the following tell us about Jesus?
- His encounter with the woman at the well (John 4:1-42).
- His question to the disciples, “Who do you say that I am?” (Matthew 16:13-16).
- His transfiguration on the mountain (Matthew 17:1-8).
- His triumphal entry into Jerusalem (John 12:12-19).
- Personally, which character(s) in these biblical stories do you relate to most?
____The woman at the well with a difficult past, surprised Jesus was willing to talk with her
____The disciples, wrestling with Jesus’ true identity as the Messiah
____The disciples who accompanied Jesus on the mountain of transfiguration, amazed to hear God say, “This is my Son, whom I love; with him I am well pleased. Listen to him!”
____Members of the crowd who praised Jesus gladly as he rode into Jerusalem
- Why do you think Jesus cried as he looked over the city (Luke 19:41-44)?
- Why do you think that many of the Jewish leaders rejected Jesus 2,000 years ago? Why do some individuals still reject him today?