Respond to the Video
- How do you define sin? Is it something we do (action, behavior) or is it mainly something inside of us (attitude, motivation)?
- What evils do you see in today’s world? Consider the sins mentioned in 2 Timothy 3:1-5. Do you see parallels between this list and what is happening today? What can (or should) we do about the evil around us?
- Do you believe Satan exists? If so, why? If not, why not? What questions do you have about the devil and his demons?
- Sometimes people wonder, “If God is good, why is there so much evil in the world?” How would you answer this question? Does anything you saw or heard in this video lesson help to inform your answer?
Respond to God’s Word
- According to Genesis 3:6, what made the forbidden fruit so appealing? What specific temptations were so enticing to Adam and Eve?
- First John 2:16 mentions three trouble spots we encounter: “the lust of the flesh, the lust of the eyes, and the pride of life.” What do these three temptations look like in everyday life? Which of them creates the most problem for you?
- Ephesians 4:27 says, “Do not give the devil a foothold.” How do you see Satan attempting to gain a foothold in your life? In society as a whole? What do we learn in 1 Peter 5:8-10 about the devil?
- According to Romans 3:23, why is sin such a major problem for all of us? According to Romans 3:24, what is the solution to the problem? See also Romans 6:23.
- On a personal level, how do you complete the following statement? “I need a Savior because ____________________________________________________________________________________.”
- What one thing could you change in your life to bring you closer to God?